Iran accuses Israel of attacking nuclear plant
Iran has acknowledged that an explosion at its Natanz nuclear plant has led to the suspension of uranium enrichment.
According to Arab News, authorities in Tehran initially claimed after the blast that activities at the Natanz nuclear plant were affected by a power outage on Sunday.
However, he later said that the Israeli spy agency had carried out a cyber attack on the plant. Natanz is at the heart of Iran’s nuclear program.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif blamed Israel for the incident and said it would be avenged. He said Iran had succeeded in lifting international sanctions.
“We will not fall into their trap, we will not allow this act of sabotage to affect the nuclear talks, but we will take our revenge,” he added.
In July last year, an explosion at the Natanz nuclear facility was blamed on Iran by Iran.
The attack comes at a time when Iran and the United States are engaged in diplomatic efforts to restore the 2015 nuclear deal.
Former US President Donald Trump announced his withdrawal from the nuclear deal three years ago and imposed sanctions on Iran.
On Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Iran had never given up its efforts to build a nuclear weapon and that Israel would not allow Tehran to acquire a nuclear capability. He said Tel Aviv would continue its “defense” against “Iranian aggression”.
It should be noted that the Israeli media had also reported in its report yesterday that Iran’s nuclear facility has been targeted by the Israeli secret agency Mossad.
According to Israeli media, this was a cyber attack carried out by Mossad, which resulted in proper damage to the installation. Natanz was without power after the attack.